Miss Jacobs' Little Learners: Dollar Dazzlers! Teacher Tip Linky!                                                          

Dollar Dazzlers! Teacher Tip Linky!

    
Hello everyone!

It's that time again for our monthly link up, where fellow Aussie Teachers come together to share with you our Teacher Tips - straight out of our classroom and into yours!

It's brought to you by The Australian Teachers Blog! Make sure you are following the blog on BlogLovin' and also their Australian Teachers Facebook Page here!

Last month, I talked about my Grip Mats and how I use them to stop that awful clanging sound of dice hitting the tables during maths games.

You can read more about that here: Grip Mats for Dice Games


This week, I am going to share with you some of the awesome CHEAP finds I have gathered over the years from my local $2 shops, reject shops, Daiso and one of my favourite stores.... IKEA!

Teacher Tip: Dollar Dazzlers!

I don't know about you, but when I trawl through the above stores, I am often looking for things that I can use in the classroom. Most of the time however, I just can't think of ways that the items on the shelves in front of me can be used. These are some items that I did happen to find a use for...


IKEA!
MAGNETIC SPICE HOLDERS

I love Ikea! I can spend hours there! A few years ago, I bought these spice holders. I use them to store my clips and pins in them. 
The greatest thing is, they are MAGNETIC! 
Woop! Woop!
I store them up high on my whiteboard :)





$2 shops/ Reject Shops/ Cheap Stores
FLY SWATS

I picked up these fly swats a few years back and the kids just LOVE them! We use them for playing games like 'Tic Tac Toe' and 'Sight Word Swat'. WARNING: I have rules when using these as sometimes the children can be a bit rough with them.


LANYARDS

Lanyards are great to have in the classroom. I use mine for my Expert Tags. (See this post to grab your FREE copy).   

You can use them as toilet passes or for your STAR OF THE DAY/ WEEK.

















PLASTIC/WOODEN SNAKES

These are fantastic for measuring! I have used these snakes to teach informal units of measure with my Grade Prep (kinder) students.

You can find activities, worksheets and lesson plans using these in my Measurement Pack - Found here.

DAISO
I recently caught up with some beautiful Blogger friends from Melbourne - I still have to blog about this so I'm not going to post the pics up just yet....

Anyways, whilst we were chatting and sharing (as we do) Jemima from Jem's Bright Buttons, showed me one of her recent purchases. It was this fantastic MAGNETIC container! Well, I just HAD to have it, so I too, went to Daiso to grab it. The kids love it as well :)


I hope you have grabbed yourself some ideas today that you can also use in your classroom. Make sure you go back to the Linky to read the other Aussie Teacher Tips! There are some great ones this week!

Labels: , ,