Miss Jacobs' Little Learners: Five For Friday: First Ever Link Up! (YAY!)                                                          

Five For Friday: First Ever Link Up! (YAY!)

    


This is my first ever Five For Friday Linky Post!!!! OH MY!!! 

It's been a busy week in Prep J this week and I just HAD to share some of the learning that has taken place along with some personal events. Here is a snapshot of my week….

Prep Excursion!

Prep J went on our very first excursion! We had such a fun day. First we caught a train and then we went to the park, followed by the beach. The children had a ball making sandcastles and enjoyed their treat of fish and chips. We were lucky enough to see some sea creatures along the way. We wrote about it today and the quality of their writing was amazing!

Proposal!!!

My sister got engaged!!!!! Her fiancé James proposed to her in New York and had a photographer organised to capture the very moment. Nawwww! 
She is still away on holidays at the moment so I can't wait to see her when she gets back. (Now I get to help her plan her wedding!!! :)


Bugs Galore Pack!

I finished creating a new pack on Bugs. We have been learning about Living Things in Prep J and I have been trying to integrate this topic into our Reading, Writing and Numeracy sessions. I created this pack to assist me. It covers a range of areas and particularly focuses on Information Texts (reading and writing). It took me a while to create so I was very excited to finally start using it with my class this week. The best thing about this pack is that it caters for all the different ability levels in my grade. From dictated text to my top end readers.

This pack is available at my TPT Store by clicking the link below:

Bugs Galore Pack: Reading, Writing and Numeracy Activities

Numeracy Location Emergent Reader
 Flashcards
 2x Sight Word Emergent Readers 
 Information Text Planning Documents and Graphic Organizers

My Little Writers!

I am truly amazed every day by my students' writing! This week we read a book called 'The Sunflower that went Flop!' We were focussing on the Comprehension Strategy of summarising so once we read it we had to orally summarise the story to a partner and then record and draw our summaries.

I was blown away by their comprehension AND their writing ability. Makes me so proud :)



Fitness and Exercise! Making some changes...

For those who know me well, it is no secret that I am not very sporty and have never been a fan of the gym. I 'donated' to Fernwood for a year once… I only ever went in there abut 10 times during that time!

So this year, I REALLY wanted to make a change and incorporate more physical activity into my life. It's taken me 7 months to start, however I have joined a new gym around the corner from my place and have committed to 3 sessions a week. This is my third week and I'm feeling great. I'm not doing it to lose weight (although that would be a bonus) it's more to boost my energy levels and build my fitness and stamina. I"m really hoping that it will continue because more often than not, I am pretty exhausted by the time the children go home, participated in meetings and prepared for the next day. It's very easy to push it to the side and leave it for 'another day'. So, if I must say so myself, I'm pretty damn pleased with myself so far!

Labels: , , ,