Shape Posters

Hi all!

Hope you are having a good week so far... :)

Just a quick one today - I wanted to show you some of our gorgeous shape posters we have created. We did this for Numeracy as we have just finished our shape unit. The children were given a variety of pre-cut shapes (prepared by me of course... sorry - a bit or sarcasm there because as all Prep/Kinder teachers would know - us teachers need to cut everything - otherwise it will be in pieces!) and so they were asked to create a robot picture using all four shapes - squares, rectangles, circles and triangles. Here are just a few - they ALL turned out so adorable!





Once they were finished I asked them to point to certain shapes for me and I documented their results as a mini assessment task.

Ok, must get back to it! Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. Love the shape robots, Chantelle! We're doing our 2D shapes activities at the start of Term 2 and I can't wait. I love teaching shapes - so many fabulous activities that can be done!

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee, love the comment about cuttin in Prep. That used to be one of my parent jobs. Love the shape pics.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a fellow aussie blogger and teacher :) Love this idea!! thanks for sharing :) Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is basically just a way for bloggers to get connected with other bloggers. I love your blog and thought others would too. Stop by my blog for all the details!
    Thanks,
    Katie
    http://creativeclassroomlessons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...