Birthday Graph!

I wanted to share with you this cute little activity we did in our grade at the start of the year... (Yeah, I know...it's taken me a while to get it up here! - hehe)

This is a birthday activity where the children are required to each make their own cupcake and place their name and birthday on it. Then as a grade we come together and look at the months of the year that each of them were born in. Then we make a graph out of the cupcakes and discuss the data from the graph. It is then placed on display for us to see for the whole year!

I guess it can be used as a getting to know you activity AND a Numeracy activity as it incorporates Chance and Data as well as Time. BONUS!



Cute huh! I have a free copy of the cupcake template if you would like to use to make your own birthday graph - or even just cute cupcakes! ;) Click on the link for your copy.

Free Cupcake Template

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly cute and much nicer to look at than a boring poster! Now I'm thinking about how I could incorporate cute cupcakes into my classroom hehe

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thanks :)

    Have you done the letter C yet in your grade? Perhaps you could do a C is for cupcake craft?

    Chantelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!
    My preppies have made their birthday cakes and we are going to make our birthday chart this term as part of of numeracy program.
    Thank you for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...